We want to make sure that everyone enjoys the stay at the Goldener Hahn.
Therefore we’d like to ask you to keep in mind some rules:
• The pool area can be used daily from open 7.30 am - 8 pm.
• Please shower before you swim.
• No jumping, diving or ball games allowed for safety reasons.
• For technical reasons we have to keep the in-door temperature at a constant level. Therefore do not open the window or the door to the garden. Also, for hygiene reasons do not walk into the garden!
• Do not throw any objects into the water – this can be hazardous to other swimming guests.
• People with infectious diseases are not allowed to use the swimming pool.
• For hygiene reasons no outside/ street shoes to be worn in the pool area – bathing shoes only.
• Children must be supervised at all times. The parents are responsible for their children.
• No nudism in the swimming pool area– please wear a bathing costume or a bath robe after the sauna.
• Please always sit on a towel when using the sauna.
• Please switch off lights and close the door when leaving the swimming pool.
• Please switch off sauna after using.
• Please ensure that you are fully dry before leaving the pool room, to avoid damaging the marble flooring and carpets.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Where exactly is the Golden Rooster (Main Building and Residence) in Baiersbronn?
The Golden Rooster is in Baiersbronn-Oberdorf, the old district of Baiersbronn, in a sunny, elevated position. The main building at number 72, Oberdorfstrasse is made up of the “Appartementhaus”, “Landhaus” and “Stammhaus”. All three buildings are connected, so our fitness facilities (indoor pool, sauna and table tennis), children's games room are all under one roof.
The apartments in the Residence building (number 4b, Hirschkopfweg) are only 15 minutes walk from the main building. Guests staying at the Residence are welcome to use all the facilities of the main building at any time.
What is the difference when staying in the main building?
The swimming pool, finnish sauna, steam room, relaxation room, playroom, playground and breakfast room are accessible from all apartments in the main building. Just a few steps from the main house are several restaurants, bakeries, cafes, a supermarket and a bus stop.
What are the advantages of the Residence?
The Residence is located on a steep slope right at the edge of the forest, about 15 minutes’ walk from the main building.
Unfortunately, in the Residence there is no breakfast or bread service and no game room - however, we offer our guests free use of the infra-red cabin. For all guests in the ground floor, a WLAN wireless internet service is provided free of charge.
How does the WLAN wireless internet work?
You can access our WLAN wireless internet on the ground floor of the main house and in the Residence at all times, free of charge.
Self-Catering Apartments- how is the kitchen/kitchette equipped? Should I take anything with me?
Refrigerator with ice-box, electric cooker, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans and tea-towels are all supplied. All apartments have a microwave and a dishwasher and some categories also offer a “Senseo” coffee machine. Please bring a blender and a Teflon pan with you.
Are towels and bathrobes available?
For stays of seven nights or longer, a laundry set (bath towels and bed linen) is provided, but please also bring beach towels for the pool and spa with you. Bathrobes (rental fee €5) for adults and for children are available at the reception. For stays shorter than one week, the laundry set must be pre-booked. We charge €9 per person for linen and towels.
Is there a washing machine available?
We will wash and dry laundry for you in the main building. We charge €6 per laundry basket for washing or drying.
Is there carpet?
Yes, in all Residence apartments
Can I also book spa treatments on-site?
Due to popular demand, it is advisable to book any spa treatments four weeks prior to your arrival by calling us. Please inform the reception shortly before the appointment so that we "prepare" the treatment room. For treatments without prior booking, we cannot guarantee availability.
Can I also sign up on site for the breakfast buffet?
Since the minimum number of participants for the breakfast buffet at the Golden Rooster is 6 adults, you should book in advance if interested; this is especially true for the first morning after arrival. Should less than 6 adults sign up, you can also find a breakfast buffet at one of the surrounding hotels- we are happy to recommend where. If the minimum number of participants for an entire week of the holiday has already been reached, you can always sign up until 11 o’clock noon the day before.
Where do guests of the Golden Rooster recommend eating?
Within a very short walking distance along the Oberdorfstrasse, there are the restaurants “Hirsch", "Falken" und "Rebstock".
Is there a baby-sitting service available?
Yes, at a cost of between €10-15 per hour, but please register in advance.
When is the complimentary childcare “Murgel’s Playhouse” open?
Please find more information at www.baiersbronn.de
Not enough space in the car?
Strollers and buggies can be booked for the entire length of your stay. Please reserve in advance at Baiersbronn Tourist Information +49 74 42 8 41 40
- A security deposit of 200 Euros to cover eventual claims has to be paid in cash or by credit card upon arrival.
- Upon vacating the apartment, and if everything is order and controlled by our person in place, the security deposit will be handed back.
- For the definition of the amount of the damage the real cost of repair will be charged.
- The exchange or repair of a damage or defect is exclusively done by the Gruber family.
The use of the pool, play garden and the three playrooms is at personal risk and all responsibility for accidents is excluded. Children under 18 have to be accompanied by adults.
You are kindly requested to leave the apartments in clean state in the end of your stay:
- all dishes and tableware have to be cleaned and stored in the cupboards
- the dishwasher and fridge are empty (you are welcome to bring the food from the fridge to the reception)
- all cupboards and drawers shall be empty
- rubbish, empty bottles, PET and other waste should be left at the designed place in the garage (main building) or outside (Residence building).
If you were using a private terrace, we kindly ask you to leave it in a correct order and to fold the umbrellas.
The kitchen as well as the oven and the cooking area have to be left in a decent condition.
In case the apartment hasn't been left in proper conditions as mentioned,
we will have to charge the following fee s for the additional work:
- Disposal of garbage 10 Euros
- Emptying Dish Washer 10 Euros
- Cleaning private terrace 10 Euros
- Cleaning the kitchenware/pans 20 Euros
- Extraordinary cleaning of the cooking area/ oven are calculated once the problem has arisen: 30 - 50 Euros
The responsible court is Freudenstadt (Germany)
IMPORTANT: The basic final cleaning is included in the price. However, we ask our guests to please tidy the apartment - ESPECIALLY THE KITCHEN - before returning the keys. There will be no cleaning of your apartments during your stay.
For credit card payments there is a surcharge of 2.95 % (due to the fees which are charged to us by the credit card companies).
For paypal payments there is a surcharge of 4 % (due to the fees which are charged to us by).
In this case, the customer is obligated to pay at least 90 % of the contractually agreed rate for lodging with breakfast.
Therefore: We strongly recommend Clients to take out Cancellation Insurance:
Would you please make your apartments available by 9.30 am on (check-out time)
the day of departure.